The ultimate Islay tour is for those who want to experience as much of Islay as possible. We visit every distillery on the island, taste a range of drams and explore its secret spots.
- Single Occupancy: Garden Room 1 person per room
- Single Occupancy: Superior Room 1 person per room
- Twin or Double: Garden Room 2 people per room
- Twin or Double: Castle Superior 2 people per room
A Highland Whisky Tour from Inverness
Our journey starts from Inverness, and we travel up the east coast to Pultney Distillery in Wick. Established in 1826, its characteristics are attributed to maturation close to the sea air, making it “the genuine maritime malt.”
We pop into Balblair Distillery for a taste of their delicious single malt and a chance to fill your own bottle before heading to the pretty town of Dornoch and the stunning Dornoch Castle Hotel. We’ve arranged a special tasting before dinner (own expense) at the Dornoch Castle Hotel.
We have a leisurely start and a hearty breakfast before we visit Glenmorangie Distillery. Perched next to the tranquil shores of the Dornoch Firth, it is known for having the tallest stills in Scotland.
Before returning to Inverness, we visit Glen Ord Distillery, the only remaining distillery on the Black Isle. We try a range of their delicious single malts.
Accommodation is on a B&B ensuite basis in the Dornoch Castle Hotel. Home to an award-winning whisky bar, this is the perfect overnight stop for our Highland Whisky tour.
- No matter what the time of year, the weather in Scotland can be “changeable”, to say the least. We suggest that you bring suitable clothing for all conditions, including a waterproof jacket (it has been known to rain in Scotland) and plenty of layers.
- Ensure you bring shoes suitable for short walks, on rough or uneven terrain.
- Although all the distilleries we visit accept card payments, we would also recommend bringing cash with you.
- Don’t forget a camera to snap the fantastic memories you’ll make on tour with us!
- Our scheduled tours are all 18+, if you’re lucky enough to look under 25 you may to asked to provide proof of age at the distilleries.
- Please limit your luggage to 1 x small/medium piece per person, along with 1 x small handbag or daypack.